Look no further than the recent sale of EMI’s assets by the investment bank Citigroup to see what fate eventually awaits the radio industry.
It’s going to turn out the exact same way.
With one possible exception – if you are an entrepreneur or innovator, this might be worth watching closely.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Even now, investment banks are increasing their stake in a handful of consolidated radio companies and the EMI sale will tell you why.
2. Why banks can invest money in declining industries – what they know that you need to know.
3. What is now more attractive then selling music or making money on radio station ad sales? If you already know this, you’re smarter than investment banks think.
4. The big stick that venture capital has over the record industry and radio.
5. The end game – what Bob Pittman and Lew Dickey know deep down inside that makes them put people, listeners and even the radio industry second to their dream. Understand this, and you’ll see the next year ahead clearer than ever.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
We regrow radio careers – yes, you read that right! At my upcoming media seminar, you will come away with more ammunition for succeeding in a fast changing industry than anywhere else. Just 32 days to save $300 on your registration. The 2012 Media Solutions Lab & On-site hotel discount here
My new book is about people who have overcome adversity to find success and happiness. What they have learned can re-launch your life. Available now at bookstores everywhere, online at Amazon.com and at all the major e-readers for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
My Confidential NewsTip Hotline – what makes us what we are is you being what you are.
Talk to me privately here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning