On-air radio talent is marked for extinction as radio consolidators implement their work force reductions in 2012, but who else’s job is in jeopardy and which remaining few are still the safest?
There is new evidence that downsizing is about to take another sharp turn putting many more radio careers on the line.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The three safe radio careers in the next 12 months.
2. The best bet for staying employed – at least for the foreseeable future plus some options that may work for you but you will probably not like.
3. The six most endangered radio careers and why they are endangered.
4. Of sales or programming, which one is the safest career in the year ahead? Don’t be too sure you know the answer to this one. Things are changing – again.
5. With all the new news stations that are going live, news should be a growth career this year, right?
6. The one indispensible, local radio job that – believe it or not – is going to be targeted in 2012.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Now there’s help for radio people who can’t tolerate what’s being done to the industry but want to catch the next wave. My upcoming media seminar at the Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale. Just 34 days left to save $300. The 2012 Media Solutions Lab & On-site hotel discount here.
No one successful or happy has gotten there by good fortune alone. My new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” tells how you can reset your life and career by taking charge of your destiny and feeding on adversity. Examples. Suggestions. Strategic changes that can be implemented now. Available in paperback at bookstores everywhere, Amazon.com and through your favorite e-reader for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
When you see or hear news, contact My Confidential NewsTip Hotline
Talk to me privately here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning