The Recording Industry Association of America has declared victory and is withdrawing its troops from courtrooms all over the country.
The RIAA has finally concluded what any young person could have told them ten years ago -- that you can't invade an entire generation's Internet and expect them to pay record store prices for music.
I always knew the RIAA effort to sue its way onto the Internet with a brick and mortar strategy wouldn't work. Many of you knew it, too.
When I became a professor of music industry at the University of Southern California something very telling happened that I don't believe I ever shared&hellip
- Liberty’s Next Move in the iHeart Takeover
- Entercom Memo Muzzles Sports Talent
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings