House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has recently come out in favor of repealing radio's performance tax exemption.
No matter what you may personally think of Pelosi, she is very powerful and that delicate standoff in the House that slightly favors radio retaining its exemption is now in jeopardy.
I'll go a little further.
It's only a matter of a short time before radio will be paying more money to artists in addition to the fees it already pays ASCAP, BMI and SESAC without the current free pass.
As I've said many times before, this is unfortunate. The radio industry is single-handedly responsible for many decades of&hellip
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice
- Stations & Studios Are About to Change