House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has recently come out in favor of repealing radio's performance tax exemption.
No matter what you may personally think of Pelosi, she is very powerful and that delicate standoff in the House that slightly favors radio retaining its exemption is now in jeopardy.
I'll go a little further.
It's only a matter of a short time before radio will be paying more money to artists in addition to the fees it already pays ASCAP, BMI and SESAC without the current free pass.
As I've said many times before, this is unfortunate. The radio industry is single-handedly responsible for many decades of&hellip
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM