I have long suspected that this week's latest round of "layoffs" formerly known as firings would not end with the 590 victims Clear Channel claimed.
Now, I'm sure of it.
I'm told Chief Execution Officer John Hogan in a Clear Channel webinar said this is the end of the firings. The good company man that he is -- Hogan said they did their due diligence and this should take care of the personnel cutbacks.
That's why I am convinced there will be more -- because Hogan says there won't be.
But no matter what, the cutbacks and firings are proving to be not enough to save consolidated radio companies.
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy