I have long suspected that this week's latest round of "layoffs" formerly known as firings would not end with the 590 victims Clear Channel claimed.
Now, I'm sure of it.
I'm told Chief Execution Officer John Hogan in a Clear Channel webinar said this is the end of the firings. The good company man that he is -- Hogan said they did their due diligence and this should take care of the personnel cutbacks.
That's why I am convinced there will be more -- because Hogan says there won't be.
But no matter what, the cutbacks and firings are proving to be not enough to save consolidated radio companies.
- Entercom’s 74% Drop, Changes Coming
- iHeart Panics Over Culture, Chief People Officer
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead