There is disturbing new research out that confirms what we have all feared -- that as consolidators move away from purely local radio, listeners become more dissatisfied.
I say disturbing because the study I am about to mention was taken before the recent move by radio consolidators to further blur the line between local personalities, shows and news and national syndication ("Repeater Radio").
Michael Saffran, one of our radio brethren and an adjunct professor at Rochester Institute of Technology conducted the research with 830 in-tab respondents in Binghamton,&hellip
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning