If you've been watching NBC Universal's 10 pm experiment in which it strips Jay Leno's imitation Tonight Show weeknights, then I'm sure you are seeing the similarities to what's happening in radio.
An excellent piece in The New York Times laid it all out a few days ago.
NBC wants to save money by eliminating the huge production costs of underwriting a new dramatic series (you know, the CSI-type) by going cheap.
An hour of Leno is chump change by TV production standards and yet the network is hopeful that a consistent 1.5&hellip
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media