If you've been watching NBC Universal's 10 pm experiment in which it strips Jay Leno's imitation Tonight Show weeknights, then I'm sure you are seeing the similarities to what's happening in radio.
An excellent piece in The New York Times laid it all out a few days ago.
NBC wants to save money by eliminating the huge production costs of underwriting a new dramatic series (you know, the CSI-type) by going cheap.
An hour of Leno is chump change by TV production standards and yet the network is hopeful that a consistent 1.5&hellip
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead
- Townsquare Troubles, This Time Radio
- Entercom Revenue Dive, Weezie Worries