The HD Radio Alliance has gone and done it.
It has officially opposed the merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio.
That tells me enough that if I'm at the DOJ, I'm going to approve the merger immediately -- which they're likely to do anyway.
You may remember that iBiquity, the designated manufacturer of HD radio, unofficially asked the FCC to consider mandating the manufacture of new satellite radios so that they would include the HD subchannels. Exactly, what satellite subscribers want, right?
Now the HD Alliance which riled the terrestrial radio business with its "creative" commercials that&hellip
- The 9-year span of listeners that could save radio
- Entercom’s Event Business in Question
- The Sale of Westwood One
- Cox Radio
- Cumulus Without Major Markets
- The Cumulus Motive for Its $100 Million Selloff
- Cumulus Starting to Panic
- Lew Dickey’s Altered Plan for Radio
- What’s Wrong with the Grammys
- Connected Cars & Smart Speakers