The HD Radio Alliance has gone and done it.
It has officially opposed the merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio.
That tells me enough that if I'm at the DOJ, I'm going to approve the merger immediately -- which they're likely to do anyway.
You may remember that iBiquity, the designated manufacturer of HD radio, unofficially asked the FCC to consider mandating the manufacture of new satellite radios so that they would include the HD subchannels. Exactly, what satellite subscribers want, right?
Now the HD Alliance which riled the terrestrial radio business with its "creative" commercials that&hellip
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks