The HD Radio Alliance has gone and done it.
It has officially opposed the merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio.
That tells me enough that if I'm at the DOJ, I'm going to approve the merger immediately -- which they're likely to do anyway.
You may remember that iBiquity, the designated manufacturer of HD radio, unofficially asked the FCC to consider mandating the manufacture of new satellite radios so that they would include the HD subchannels. Exactly, what satellite subscribers want, right?
Now the HD Alliance which riled the terrestrial radio business with its "creative" commercials that&hellip
- Fate of CBS Radio Employees in 2019
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice