The HD Radio Alliance has gone and done it.
It has officially opposed the merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio.
That tells me enough that if I'm at the DOJ, I'm going to approve the merger immediately -- which they're likely to do anyway.
You may remember that iBiquity, the designated manufacturer of HD radio, unofficially asked the FCC to consider mandating the manufacture of new satellite radios so that they would include the HD subchannels. Exactly, what satellite subscribers want, right?
Now the HD Alliance which riled the terrestrial radio business with its "creative" commercials that&hellip
- More Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom Name Change
- That 11-Hour Cumulus Board Meeting
- The Coming Breakup of Alpha Media
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Promotion
- How Entercom Made a 7% Loss Into a 20% Stock Price Gain
- Univision’s 71 Radio Stations
- David Field’s 3 Broken Promises
- Bonneville’s Back – Or Is It?
- Cumulus Reboot -- Strange Things You Didn't Know