Lew Dickey is not done.
If you work for one of the groups I’m about to mention, consider this a fair warning.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The radio group Lew Dickey covets most – I’m going to name it – the one observers believe he would like to roll into Cumulus, Susquehanna and Citadel maybe as early as 2012.
2. The thing Cumulus looks for the most in targeting its climb up to 800 plus stations – the number Clear Channel has that Dickey wants to exceed. We know it’s not people. Not even solid formats. It’s something completely different that will help you fine tune your antenna to predict his next acquisition.
3. The one other potential group besides Cumulus that might be a bidder for attractive radio groups in the year ahead.
4. There are two groups that could be prey for Lew Dickey and his financial people in the next 12 months. If you work at one of the two, you’re probably safe as long as your boss remains the boss. If you work for the other, all bets are off.
5. The group that could be in play because they have the same DNA as Cumulus. If you work there, you’ll want to know.
6. One owner who absolutely won’t sell – for any price. Period.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Now there’s help for radio people who can’t tolerate what’s being done to the industry but want to catch the next wave. My upcoming media seminar at the Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale. Just 34 days left to save $300. The 2012 Media Solutions Lab & On-site hotel discount here.
No one successful or happy has gotten there by good fortune alone. My new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” tells how you can reset your life and career by taking charge of your destiny and feeding on adversity. Examples. Suggestions. Strategic changes that can be implemented now. Available in paperback at bookstores everywhere, Amazon.com and through your favorite e-reader for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
When you see or hear news, contact My Confidential NewsTip Hotline
Talk to me privately here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning