The attendees at this year's NAB radio gathering in Philadelphia heard over and over again that new media is accounting for more and more of their advertising revenue.
No one seems to know how much of radio's ad pie new media will eventually eat and it appears to me very few of the big bosses (the only ones who are attending this conclave among the major consolidators) care.
Avoiding bankruptcy -- sure, they care.
Reinventing the wheel -- absolutely, they are into it.
Meanwhile, the companies that pander to the radio industry (I could have said sell things to the radio industry), are cranking out happy horseshit&hellip
- Liberty’s Next Move in the iHeart Takeover
- Entercom Memo Muzzles Sports Talent
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings