The attendees at this year's NAB radio gathering in Philadelphia heard over and over again that new media is accounting for more and more of their advertising revenue.
No one seems to know how much of radio's ad pie new media will eventually eat and it appears to me very few of the big bosses (the only ones who are attending this conclave among the major consolidators) care.
Avoiding bankruptcy -- sure, they care.
Reinventing the wheel -- absolutely, they are into it.
Meanwhile, the companies that pander to the radio industry (I could have said sell things to the radio industry), are cranking out happy horseshit&hellip
- Entercom's War Against CBS Radio
- The Future of iHeart’s 850 Stations
- The Real Cumulus Financials
- Entercom -- $4 Stock by the End of the Year
- What's Holding Up Liberty's Takeover of iHeart
- Townsquare Adrift
- Entercom’s Real Problems
- Cumulus Lenders Blindsided
- $72 Million More in iHeart Bankruptcy Bonuses
- Shakeup at SiriusXM, Pandora