Some of my readers have suggested workarounds to the Ticketmaster/Live Nation monopoly that I wrote about yesterday.
You know, the one that promises higher prices for concert ticket buyers.
The Grateful Dead concept of selling directly to fans.
The growth of entrepreneurial businesses that barter tickets in a fair marketplace like Brown Paper Tickets.
Others suggested Amazon or even iTunes as alternatives to Ticketmaster someday.
There is no shortage of good ideas when those ideas come from people who actually know what they are talking about, but the way our&hellip
- Everything is for sale in radio. So where are the buyers?
- The reason John Malone has to have iHeart. It's not for the radio
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections