1. Big layoffs are coming this fall – credible sources say 1,250 of them in one company alone. I’ll name the company.
2. The new virtual radio station that is ready to allow consolidators to eliminate more personnel.
3. See how one big consolidator plans to use “knockoff brands” to cut the payroll further.
4. Have consolidators finally hit the wall on more acquisitions or will the configuration of some of the groups substantially change?
5. The next place consolidators cut costs – as soon as early next year.
6. The timeframe for the end of consolidation as we know it – plus the business model that will replace what Clear Channel and Cumulus are doing now.
7. The end game after consolidators finally cut all the costs they can and amass all the stations they are able to. New options other than operate.
8. What will happen to Lew Dickey, Bob Pittman, John Hogan and the other evildoers who many say wrecked the radio industry? One will get off scot-free. One could be in big trouble. And the third, well – you’ll slap your knees laughing. You’ll want to save this piece and use it as a roadmap for the future.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, this is insightful, deadly honest, entertaining and informative reading worth every penny.
The comment I hear the most from new subscribers is “I wish I had subscribed sooner”.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our Witness Protection Program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning