Something is up at Cumulus – something big.
Don’t let the quiet fool you.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. All you need to know about a sales commission plan that is being quietly implemented at some Citadel stations that effectively screws the sellers out of their expected and fair profit.
2. Two new Cumulus programming initiatives that are going into high gear that will now target these two formats.
3. Something is up with SweetJack, the company’s radio alternative to Groupon – and the one in which Clear Channel is a partner.
4. First alert on the new Cumulus employee self-evaluation form that some employees think will be used to help the company fire them. Wait until you see some of these sample questions they are demanding answers to. How would you answer them?
5. What Lew Dickey is working on right now to keep the momentum going in his bid to surpass Clear Channel as the world’s largest radio group.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
It’s almost here – just a week and a half until my February 9th Media Solutions Lab at The Phoenician in Scottsdale. This day-long interactive media seminar is focused on the challenges and opportunities in the next 12 months and the Next Day Big Ideas Breakfast from 8-10am offers specific game plans, strategies and intelligence to give you the edge. Last two days to save $200. Register.
The average baseball player hits only .250 (failing 75% of the time) and makes millions of dollars in big contracts. We fail once or twice and give up. Here is the secret to turning failure into success in my new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” – print or download now, under $9.99 here.
The smartest, safest newstip network because we have earned the reputation of protecting the 100% anonymity of our sources. Report what you see and hear -- NewsTip Hotline
Talk to me privately here.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning