Take an issue -- preferably a polarizing issue like immigration or the Iraq war -- turn it over to terrestrial radio and they beat it to death.
In the process, they quickly sink to the lowest common denominator and insult just about everyone who disagrees with them sometimes ending by questioning the patriotism of those who disagree.
And, of course, they get ratings -- big ratings.
It doesn't matter whether they talk from the left side of their mouth or the right, their listeners are kind of on the older side.
Now let's test my assertion.
Take the issue of Hillary Clinton and Barbara Boxer out to "fix"&hellip
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
- Radio Companies on the Brink
- The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy
- Berner: Everything is for Sale
- Cumulus Blows Up Detroit