There is a new Canadian study on file sharing that bolsters what many of us who work with the next generation already know -- file sharing (or stealing music) actually helps the record labels sell CDs.
You can't tell that to the music industry.
They cannot and won't wrap their arms around this concept. If they allowed themselves to believe that stealing music actually sells CDs, they would have no one to blame for the sorry state of the record industry -- other than themselves.
Industry Canada did the study during 2006-07 to measure the extent to which peer-to-peer file sharing networks affected music purchasing in&hellip
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy