It's been several months and finally SoundExchange, the royalty negotiators for the record labels, has gotten back to Internet streamers with an answer on a more equitable rate structure.
SoundExchange Executive Director John Simson told the NAB in a letter that their offer of June 6th to settle the dispute over Internet streaming rates is unacceptable.
The NAB's website had been featuring a countdown clock for the number of days it took to get an answer to their proposal -- 96. Here's NAB's response.
- Nielsen To Retaliate Against Non-Subscribers
- Owners Giving Up on AM Radio
- New Developments in Liberty’s iHeart Takeover
- Heads Up for Entercom’s Next Bombshell
- Cumulus Caught Running Up Expenses
- End of the Year Cutbacks at iHeart
- A Third Townsquare Auction?
- Trouble With iHeart Live Events
- Entercom Targeting Sales Reductions
- A New Complication for Radio Podcasting