Clear Channel and Cumulus are doing some pretty sketchy things behind the scenes.
Luckily for them, very few people know about them.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. A new way to program multiple stations with virtually the same music and content in virtually the same order without making it a network or syndication thus keeping in “local” in a convoluted way. Wait until you see this “local” programming trick.
2. One major group has locked out its local program directors from their computer system. Here’s the new deal.
3. Cumulus caves – that’s right, caves — to our pressure to keep one of its promises. See which one.
4. A new round of forced endorsements is underway at Clear Channel except as one source reports the product they are being forced to endorse may be harmful to their health. You can’t make this stuff up.
5. The 2nd annual iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas sold out within minutes. But listeners are pissed about how Clear Channel is making it up to them – like getting screwed twice.
6. How successful are Clear Channel and Cumulus when they cut on-air personalities’ pay by 50% or more. Here are some actual numbers.
The comment I hear the most from new subscribers is “I wish I had subscribed sooner”. Get past the teasers and unlock the full story.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our Witness Protection Program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.