Imagine a podcast that attracts 1.26 million listeners every Thursday morning on iTunes.
That’s more than most of Lew Dickey and Bob Pittman’s major market stations.
But don’t go out and start a podcast.
That’s a road to failure.
There is something even bigger based on Serial’s success that radio can harness.
This article goes on to reveal:
- … Why you want to avoid podcasting, don’t fall for the hype.
- … Why Millennials love storytelling and that’s different.
- … How to do storytelling without sounding like the radio they dislike.
- … Which generations don’t like podcasts.
- … And, why you never want to do this online only on the air.
Access this story now here.
Contact me privately & confidentially to report news or share emails and memos here.
- Entercom’s LA Fast One
- 18-34's Don't Listen to Songs All the Way Through
- CBS Radio Revenue Tanking
- Millennials Freak at Mobile, Video Ads
- Dickey's Resignation from the Cumulus Board
- The Epidemic of Shorter, Cheaper Spots
- Entercom Planning 2 Major Surprises
- Radio's 2 Biggest Problems
- iHeart's Soaring Stock
- Changing How Radio Engages Listeners