Imagine a podcast that attracts 1.26 million listeners every Thursday morning on iTunes.
That’s more than most of Lew Dickey and Bob Pittman’s major market stations.
But don’t go out and start a podcast.
That’s a road to failure.
There is something even bigger based on Serial’s success that radio can harness.
This article goes on to reveal:
- … Why you want to avoid podcasting, don’t fall for the hype.
- … Why Millennials love storytelling and that’s different.
- … How to do storytelling without sounding like the radio they dislike.
- … Which generations don’t like podcasts.
- … And, why you never want to do this online only on the air.
Access this story now here.
Contact me privately & confidentially to report news or share emails and memos here.
- iHeart Bluffing Fire Sale
- Unspoken Entercom Financial Problems
- 4 Secrets Cumulus Will Tell the Bankruptcy Judge Dec 21st
- Shocker: iHeart May Default Friday
- The Cumulus Dickey “Poison Pill”
- iHeart in Panic Mode
- 7 Things Cumulus is Not Revealing About Their Bankruptcy
- Entercom's Secret Moves
- 2 More Radio Groups Teetering on Bankruptcy (and Not iHeart)
- Bankruptcy Puts Cumulus in Play