I hope the rumors are false.
I hope that Clear Channel is not about to deal hundreds of stations to one buyer creating an instant mini-Clear Channel.
Clear Channel is selling off its assets after running the shareholders value down and they are in the process of settling on a buyer for the majority of some 400+ stations they are looking to deal. These stations are obviously non-essential to their new plan which is to remain in the big markets once they've sold off these stations and other assets.
What's upsetting and probably not surprising is the prospect that one operator could pick up this critical mass of radio&hellip
- iHeart Fearing a Hostile Takeover
- Conspiracy Developing Over Cumulus Talk Radio Memo
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening