Sirius and XM are proposing a merger of equals.
Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin would come away as CEO of the new entity (whatever it is called) and current XM Chairman Gary Parsons would be chairman of the merged satellite company. That's assuming the FCC approves it. Assuming the DOJ approves it. And that's a lot of assuming. I've seen reporting that predicts an early closing on the merger. On that one, we'll see what happens.
What we know is that a combined company could save billions and billions of dollars. That alone should have investors jumping for joy. These bleeding companies could be profitable as one. No&hellip
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire