The National Association of Broadcasters spent a whopping $4.3 million dollars -- more than five times as much as XM and Sirius according to Frank Saxe at Inside Radio -- to lobby against the proposed satellite merger of the two.
XM spent only $580,000 and Sirius $230,000 (and I'll bet Mel Karmazin choked on that).
Saxe points out that even the powerful Motion Picture Association had a budget of only $220,000 for its interests.
And these figures are only for the first six months of this year!
To be fair, some of the NAB's expenditures were on behalf of the fight against copyright royalties and pushing off any&hellip
- SiriusXM Reversal, New Radio Threat
- Entercom Hack Attack, Fallout Revealed
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors