The National Association of Broadcasters spent a whopping $4.3 million dollars -- more than five times as much as XM and Sirius according to Frank Saxe at Inside Radio -- to lobby against the proposed satellite merger of the two.
XM spent only $580,000 and Sirius $230,000 (and I'll bet Mel Karmazin choked on that).
Saxe points out that even the powerful Motion Picture Association had a budget of only $220,000 for its interests.
And these figures are only for the first six months of this year!
To be fair, some of the NAB's expenditures were on behalf of the fight against copyright royalties and pushing off any&hellip
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart