The National Association of Broadcasters spent a whopping $4.3 million dollars -- more than five times as much as XM and Sirius according to Frank Saxe at Inside Radio -- to lobby against the proposed satellite merger of the two.
XM spent only $580,000 and Sirius $230,000 (and I'll bet Mel Karmazin choked on that).
Saxe points out that even the powerful Motion Picture Association had a budget of only $220,000 for its interests.
And these figures are only for the first six months of this year!
To be fair, some of the NAB's expenditures were on behalf of the fight against copyright royalties and pushing off any&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts