The National Association of Broadcasters spent a whopping $4.3 million dollars -- more than five times as much as XM and Sirius according to Frank Saxe at Inside Radio -- to lobby against the proposed satellite merger of the two.
XM spent only $580,000 and Sirius $230,000 (and I'll bet Mel Karmazin choked on that).
Saxe points out that even the powerful Motion Picture Association had a budget of only $220,000 for its interests.
And these figures are only for the first six months of this year!
To be fair, some of the NAB's expenditures were on behalf of the fight against copyright royalties and pushing off any&hellip
- Concern About Entercom’s Future
- Townsquare Digital Revenue Exposed
- Cox Radio Takeover Layoffs
- iHeart Efficiency Experts
- Field Revises Entercom Cutbacks
- The Coming Cumulus Bankruptcy #2
- Entercom Hacking Exposes Competitors, Advertisers
- The Entercom Hacking Coverup
- Entercom Hacked, Personal Info Breached
- Nervousness At iHeart