McDonald's franchises their local stores.
Many other fast food outlets and providers of goods and services everywhere also do.
It's all-American to be in the franchise business.
Which is why I think I have an out for radio operators who have had a devil of a time trying to run their monopolies since consolidation allowed them to put their clusters together.
There's even precedent for it in radio.
Remember how ABC went searching for crummy little AM signals in big markets and did long-term deals where they supplied Radio Disney content while the owner got checks and kept the license?
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM