The news broke yesterday that entrepreneur Sam Zell -- the founder of the Jacor radio group -- is bringing Randy Michaels back to work for him again when he takes over control of the newspaper and TV Tribune Company.
I predicted this months ago and I added that Randy will likely be involved in radio again -- a prediction I am sticking to.
Randy and I are like hockey players. As a dear friend of mine in the radio industry pointed out to me -- in some ways we're alike. Let's look at it in ice hockey terms. I'm a Flyer. He's now a Blackhawk. We've fought each other over the years but just as they do after each round of the&hellip
- Another Group Reportedly Sharing Talent Fees
- Audacy’s Dumbest Format Ever
- iHeart’s “New Work Environment” & Pay Raises
- Berner’s Bongino Hesitancy, WideOrbit Nothingburger
- 75% Digital at Townsquare
- Storage Wars Selling at Cumulus
- “Dave FM” Doesn’t Know “Jack”
- 3rd Quarter Radio Revenue Leaked
- Audacy’s $40 Million Digital Acquisition
- The Pandemic Is Backfiring on Cumulus