There's been a lot of debate since President Bush announced one more surge of troops to try and secure the law and order in Iraq.
Without getting into the political issues, the surge reminds me of what radio executives are now doing whether knowingly or not.
You get the feeling that many of the seasoned radio executives who have been in the business and at the top of their companies for a long time are desperately seeking one last push to try and make radio a growth industry again.
Somehow they think that if they come up with one more format they will discover a way to get youth back listening to their radios&hellip
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors
- Entercom Revenue Warning, Cuts Accelerate
- Attention Span Shocker, Radio ¼ Hour Implications