Reducing expenses has become a high art form for the greedy bastards at Cumulus and Clear Channel.
It’s almost November – do you know where your job is going?
These two leaders in unemployment have discovered so many more complicated and devious ways to cut expenses.
I’m going to share them with you because they are likely to happen – some time very soon.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- High pressure selling tactics designed more to get employees to quit rather than to motivate them to increase sales. A case study.
- How one consolidator has found a new way to double down on repeater radio. It’s in place right now and will likely expand over the coming months.
- How one radio group is actually playing hardball when their employees do more than they’ve asked them to do.
- Why Clear Channel is beginning to send in a new breed of corporate trainers to win air talent and salespeople over to their way of doing things – or else.
- How one group is forcing salespeople to piss off their advertisers because this one thing is even more important to them than increasing ad revenue.
- Clear Channel’s next big new thing to save high priced talent salaries in one move.
- The major strategic programming shift coming to Cumulus stations – it’s starting to happen already.
- Forced selling in lousy time periods and new ways to steal big accounts from star salespeople – documented.
If you would like to see the secret plans of Clear Channel and Cumulus that are expected to be rolled out soon, click “read more” below.
Learning from each other. Not preaching to each other. I invite you to participate in my fourth annual Media Solutions Lab “Radio & the Digital Future” January 30-31 in Scottsdale, AZ. Here is a first look at the Learning Modules plus information on attending – learn more.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed here.
Talk to me privately here.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel