The Fed further cut interest rates by three quarters of a point in an emergency move that is designed to help the U.S. economy avoid a deep, dark recession.
The market lost 465 points before greed saved the day and buyers took advantage of lower stock prices and bought back in.
The housing market is one of the major problems and the subprime mortgage mess goes along with it.
As the vaudevillian comedian "The Old Philosopher" used to say, "is that what's bothering you, bunky?"
The radio industry actually started its "recession" early.
After spending record amounts of their investors' money to put together&hellip
- Everything is for sale in radio. So where are the buyers?
- The reason John Malone has to have iHeart. It's not for the radio
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections