Clear Channel is getting ready for phase two of its employee firing scheme.
Rumor is -- Friday.
If the first one had been code-named Hiroshima, the next one will be Nagasaki -- a detonation that will continue to obliterate radio's talented population.
But don't let the way Clear Channel works distract you from what is going on with the rest of the consolidators.
Cumulus wiped out 12 people in one cluster alone just recently. Since Cumulus is not of the magnitude of Clear Channel, those firings were under the radar and didn't get the same attention -- unless you were one of the fired.
Citadel is hanging&hellip
- Cox Media Group Came Within Days of Being Sold
- Cumulus Fears Takeover Bid
- Beasley Is Next
- The Hole in the Market for Radio
- No Rush to Pay iHeart’s Debt
- What Soros Wants by Buying Audacy’s Debt
- Young Demos and Podcasting
- SiriusXM Is Retreating from Cars
- Investors Turn Negative on Cumulus
- Investor Trying to Block Audacy Bankruptcy