Clear Channel is getting ready for phase two of its employee firing scheme.
Rumor is -- Friday.
If the first one had been code-named Hiroshima, the next one will be Nagasaki -- a detonation that will continue to obliterate radio's talented population.
But don't let the way Clear Channel works distract you from what is going on with the rest of the consolidators.
Cumulus wiped out 12 people in one cluster alone just recently. Since Cumulus is not of the magnitude of Clear Channel, those firings were under the radar and didn't get the same attention -- unless you were one of the fired.
Citadel is hanging&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts