The recession must officially be over.
CBS is bringing back contesting to its radio stations in 35 cities nationwide. That's a luxury radio operators could not afford when advertising sales were tanking.
Unfortunately, the contesting that is coming back is national in scope. That is -- listeners in 35 markets are competing for the same prizes. In the CBS example, $250,000 in prizes.
Clear Channel underwhelmed the industry before the recession by engineering national contests and I'm not so sure they weren't a little bit sneaky about the fact that local listeners were competing with listeners in other Clear Channel&hellip
- The Spot Overload Crisis
- Total Traffic, USTN Confrontation
- How Lew Dickey Will Buy Back Cumulus
- Entercom's $110 Million in Merger Cutbacks
- Millions in Vanishing Revenue at Cumulus
- Connoisseur's Play for Cumulus
- Urban One’s Financial Condition
- iHeart & Cumulus Revelations
- Jeff Warshaw & Cumulus
- SiriusXM Changes