To quote that great American philosopher Rick James -- "It's such a very freaky scene".
Friday, the NAB was outed for behind the scenes jockeying in Congress as the House took up a bill that would simply allow Internet streamers to continue negotiating with the record label's representative, SoundExchange, in an effort to try and resolve the dispute over royalty payments.
The bill introduced late Thursday was necessary because Congress is headed for recess and law requires this enabling legislation while Congress is away from Washington because the parties are seeking a statutory license.
It doesn't guarantee a thing&hellip
- Alexa & Radio
- Entercom Talent Fee Scam
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus