To quote that great American philosopher Rick James -- "It's such a very freaky scene".
Friday, the NAB was outed for behind the scenes jockeying in Congress as the House took up a bill that would simply allow Internet streamers to continue negotiating with the record label's representative, SoundExchange, in an effort to try and resolve the dispute over royalty payments.
The bill introduced late Thursday was necessary because Congress is headed for recess and law requires this enabling legislation while Congress is away from Washington because the parties are seeking a statutory license.
It doesn't guarantee a thing&hellip
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM