To quote that great American philosopher Rick James -- "It's such a very freaky scene".
Friday, the NAB was outed for behind the scenes jockeying in Congress as the House took up a bill that would simply allow Internet streamers to continue negotiating with the record label's representative, SoundExchange, in an effort to try and resolve the dispute over royalty payments.
The bill introduced late Thursday was necessary because Congress is headed for recess and law requires this enabling legislation while Congress is away from Washington because the parties are seeking a statutory license.
It doesn't guarantee a thing&hellip
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning