I’m asked this question constantly – how should radio and recording artists use social media?
The answers are clear.
Not the way most radio stations and bands use it.
You see, radio is used to adding on digital even as they make their on-air programming less compelling by removing popular personalities, doing vanilla voice tracking and importing syndicated programs from out of the market.
So, before I answer the question – and you’ll like the answer because you can take my advice and try it right now – some context.
What’s on the air should not be on your digital platforms.
I know many people hate when I say this but think about it – a small percentage of listeners actually listen to a radio stream. By making that your digital strategy you lose twice. On-air is separate. Online and mobile is different. If you’ll give me that, look at this great strategy I have for you.
This is one of the most useful pieces I have offered.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. One-click gets you the full story.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, we have 7 thousand people who now get these various emails, but I’d love you to join our group. Let me tell you what questions will be answered:
1. How to supercharge your Facebook posts and Twitter tweets.
2. How the social media world is tiring of posts and tweets as usual and what they really crave and can’t resist.
3. An example that will knock you off your feet from someone who uses Facebook so effectively, you’ll finish the article and try it yourself.
4. A major change you can make on how to use Twitter that may even wind up being more effective than what you currently do on Facebook. One thing. I did it and I’m never going back. I share it now with members of our group.
5. Klout is the Arbitron of social media effectiveness. How to get your Klout score to go up over 40 points within weeks! In fact, less effort, more brains.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning