Nielsen stopped the presses on Radio & Records yesterday.
Some had been expecting it. Others hoping against hope. In all, 40 people lost their jobs and the radio industry lost a great and proud trade publication.
How weird it was to be having breakfast yesterday with Barry O'Brien, the former Vice President of Sales for Radio & Records. We got the news of R&R's demise separately and at the same time on our iPhones.
Nielsen bought R&R from Perry Partners a few years ago. The paper has been sold several times in its history but R&R has always been blessed with great managers, editors and&hellip
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio