You should see the email I get every time I mention the needs and desires of the next generation.
Stuff like "you can't go by what the students of the University of Spoiled Children say" or "wait until they have to get a job, they'll see" or some other dismissive phrase that only supports why the radio and record industries are currently without a future.
It's easy for radio and record executives to blame the iPod or the Internet or those thieving kids who pirate music. But the real answer is closer to home.
What we have is generational ignorance.
All of us who have children think our kids are&hellip
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble
- COVID’s Impact on Sports Radio
- Advertiser Complaints Against iHeart, Entercom & Beasley
- Cumulus Hiding Extent of Their Financial Woes