Over the Memorial Day weekend my wife listens to terrestrial radio for the only time of the year.
CBS-owned KOOL-FM in Phoenix cues up the Bill Drake-narrated rockumentary that many of us have heard in various forms from the very first edition over 30 years ago. And many of us as program directors have aired "The History" just as CBS was doing -- to make money over the three-day weekend and to keep listeners listening longer.
Tuesday morning, my wife returned to listening to Sirius satellite stations. I don't detect any great love for their programming on her part. The main advantage: it's installed in the car and&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts