Radio used to be called "Home of the Hits". But not so today as young listeners turn elsewhere for music.
A longtime friend of mine -- a well respected radio figure -- wrote to me the other day that he put the big question to a group of young people 19-24 at the family Thanksgiving celebration. He wanted to know -- where do you get new music?
One young person replied, "...from iTunes, of course". But my friend persisted, "that wasn't my question. My question was where she heard the music that she then purchased from iTunes?"
He reports the answer was radio -- good, old fashioned terrestrial radio. He added&hellip
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom
- The Demise of the Morning Show
- Trade & Remnant Ads Blowing Up