Radio used to be called "Home of the Hits". But not so today as young listeners turn elsewhere for music.
A longtime friend of mine -- a well respected radio figure -- wrote to me the other day that he put the big question to a group of young people 19-24 at the family Thanksgiving celebration. He wanted to know -- where do you get new music?
One young person replied, "...from iTunes, of course". But my friend persisted, "that wasn't my question. My question was where she heard the music that she then purchased from iTunes?"
He reports the answer was radio -- good, old fashioned terrestrial radio. He added&hellip
- Entercom’s 74% Drop, Changes Coming
- iHeart Panics Over Culture, Chief People Officer
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead