Radio used to be called "Home of the Hits". But not so today as young listeners turn elsewhere for music.
A longtime friend of mine -- a well respected radio figure -- wrote to me the other day that he put the big question to a group of young people 19-24 at the family Thanksgiving celebration. He wanted to know -- where do you get new music?
One young person replied, "...from iTunes, of course". But my friend persisted, "that wasn't my question. My question was where she heard the music that she then purchased from iTunes?"
He reports the answer was radio -- good, old fashioned terrestrial radio. He added&hellip
- How Dickey Will Spend His $300 Million Blank Check
- The Only Way Podcasting Can Save Radio
- The Uncertain Future of Cumulus
- The Most Insecure Job in Radio
- Dickey Steals Lori Lewis From Cumulus
- iHeart’s $55 Million Podcasting Gamble
- The Sale of Nielsen
- Entercom’s Nagging CBS Problem
- Radio Revenue Tanking
- CBS, Entercom, iHeart, Cumulus, Nike