Who's sorry now?
The radio industry liked it when Congress passed the Telecommunications Act of 1996 enabling widespread consolidation to take place. The NAB slipped the radio part of that legislation in through the back door. Wall Street embraced radio as never before. These guys loved it.
Now, the shoe is on the other foot. The two -- only two -- satellite operators must be so sure they are going to get their merger approved that they have gone and announced it. And now those same consolidators who were looking for every reason to convince lawmakers, regulators, advertisers and the public that loosening up the&hellip
- Westwood to Shutter Another Division
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye