To listen to the music industry, you'd think that unrestricted file sharing by consumers is killing them.
If so, I wonder if the major record labels can explain why Rosanne Cash just about gave away every cut in her new album "The List" and it wound up being number one -- in sales.
Time to get real with the worn out and ineffective music industry argument that they "wuz" robbed by file sharers.
Some six weeks ago, Rosanne Cash did what amounted to a 7-minute stint on NPR and sang one of the big tunes from her album "The List" entitled "Sea of Heartbreak", her duet with Bruce Springsteen.
Cash talked about it on&hellip
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media