Did you notice the hypocrisy in the recent Pink Floyd court victory over their record label EMI preventing the company from selling single downloads on the Internet for their concept albums?
Interesting because most acts produce music cuts that are easy to sell as singles.
Pink Floyd, known for their different approach to creating record albums, seems to have won a victory of dubious value.
There was a judgment in the case which was heard in British court but news reports say that part of the judgment was kept secret. Apparently negotiations are ongoing between the group and the label.
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media