Did you notice the hypocrisy in the recent Pink Floyd court victory over their record label EMI preventing the company from selling single downloads on the Internet for their concept albums?
Interesting because most acts produce music cuts that are easy to sell as singles.
Pink Floyd, known for their different approach to creating record albums, seems to have won a victory of dubious value.
There was a judgment in the case which was heard in British court but news reports say that part of the judgment was kept secret. Apparently negotiations are ongoing between the group and the label.
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead
- Townsquare Troubles, This Time Radio
- Entercom Revenue Dive, Weezie Worries