My long-time friend, John Parikhal, was interviewed five years ago by Steve Rivers regarding the future of radio.
A number of years prior, I asked Parikhal to interview management guru Peter Drucker when he was a featured speaker at one of my management seminars. John was a long time Drucker fan because of his track record of brilliantly seeing the future.
I share this because in his Steve Rivers interview -- well before the current recession -- John believed what was about to happen to radio was predictable.
And it wasn't the economy that was&hellip
- Everything is for sale in radio. So where are the buyers?
- The reason John Malone has to have iHeart. It's not for the radio
- Why Wall Street is hating on Beasley
- Lew Dickey's new company has a change of plans
- Liberty wants to add 2 more media mergers to the iHeart takeover
- CEOs publicly talk up radio’s future but secretly look to diversify
- Are any radio groups safe? These 3 are bullet proof
- Entercom really is in trouble and, yes, David Field could even lose the company
- Cumulus is now onboarding new people to fire a large number of existing employees
- While Cumulus was pivoting to digital, Westwood One just got hit with major defections