Yesterday, it appeared Mel Karmazin was about to get rescued by Liberty Media's John Malone, the Mel Karmazin of the cable TV business.
And on the same day, terrestrial radio was rescued from the record labels when it struck an agreement with SoundExchange (representing the music industry) to pay rates more favorable than the ones webcasters are faced with.
What's going on here?
Can we call a spade -- a spade.
The one industry that should be helped is webcasting. It is part of the digital future that has real growth written all over it.
Meanwhile, Sirius XM needs to be rescued from itself because it&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts