Cumulus is now drastically cutting commissions at its radio stations.
This move is likely to go viral elsewhere.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The plan Cumulus is now introducing that effectively cuts the income of account executives by 50%. Here’s how.
2. The reason behind why Cumulus commission cuts always come after the mass firings.
3. What happens to account executives who make their budgets.
4. The market where AE’s just lost 50% of their income in one move and what they are doing about it.
5. The Cumulus Plan B should every last one of their salespeople quit – which they don’t think they will.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
We regrow radio careers – yes, you read that right! At my upcoming media seminar, you will come away with more ammunition for succeeding in a fast changing industry than anywhere else. Just 32 days to save $300 on your registration. The 2012 Media Solutions Lab & On-site hotel discount here
My new book is about people who have overcome adversity to find success and happiness. What they have learned can re-launch your life. Available now at bookstores everywhere, online at Amazon.com and at all the major e-readers for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
My Confidential NewsTip Hotline – what makes us what we are is you being what you are.
Talk to me privately here.
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning
- Entercom Programming Cutbacks