The "Day Of Silence" in support of more equitable copyright royalty rates charged to Internet streamers went off remarkably well yesterday.
Kurt Hanson's RAIN reported that massive listener support crippled servers and switchboards at Congress -- the ultimate target of this protest.
There was significant support for the "Day of Silence" from Internet broadcasters particularly but not limited to the large companies that have the most to lose July 15th when the draconian new rate structure is to be implemented.
I was not impressed that many, many&hellip
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom