MySpace Records has finally made it to the big time. The Rupert Murdoch/News Corp entity has done deals with the major labels to give them the kind of access to MySpace as the indie labels once had -- alone.
Well, not so fast.
Some indie labels including big ones like Koch Records are quoted as being livid that MySpace would treat their company differently than those of the majors.
Let's get this right.
MySpace has gone Hollywood -- given better deals to the majors while allegedly ignoring the very indies that helped MySpace Records get rolling.
Charles Caldas, CEO of Merlin, an international licensing&hellip
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner
- Entercom Now Outsourcing to India
- Entercom’s Market Meltdown