MySpace Records has finally made it to the big time. The Rupert Murdoch/News Corp entity has done deals with the major labels to give them the kind of access to MySpace as the indie labels once had -- alone.
Well, not so fast.
Some indie labels including big ones like Koch Records are quoted as being livid that MySpace would treat their company differently than those of the majors.
Let's get this right.
MySpace has gone Hollywood -- given better deals to the majors while allegedly ignoring the very indies that helped MySpace Records get rolling.
Charles Caldas, CEO of Merlin, an international licensing&hellip
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM