Little Stevie Van Zandt is one of my favorite characters in The Sopranos.
He plays -- Silvio Dante, the consigliere -- advisor to crime boss Tony Soprano.
Stevie also plays guitar for the other boss in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.
I was reading his comments the other day on the sorry state of the music industry. Stevie Van Zandt could be the wise advisor to the record labels -- if only they would listen.
Here's the wisdom of the consigliere as it relates to the music industry we love. My comments, although not as wise, are in italics.
1. "Our stalwart record companies had completely given up on&hellip
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart