The big four record labels have come up with a new way to replace the CD.
You might want to sit down for this one.
Fingernail-sized memory cards that will hold an entire album, notes, cover art and allow for some personal storage by the consumer.
Some 449 million CDs were sold in 2007 -- a 19% percent drop from the previous year and a continuation of an almost constant eight year decline in sales. Fifty million were sold digitally (Nielsen) -- not enough to give the labels any comfort that they have found the modern day replacement for the decreasingly unpopular CD.
Of course the largest number of song&hellip
- The Spot Overload Crisis
- Total Traffic, USTN Confrontation
- How Lew Dickey Will Buy Back Cumulus
- Entercom's $110 Million in Merger Cutbacks
- Millions in Vanishing Revenue at Cumulus
- Connoisseur's Play for Cumulus
- Urban One’s Financial Condition
- iHeart & Cumulus Revelations
- Jeff Warshaw & Cumulus
- SiriusXM Changes