The big four record labels have come up with a new way to replace the CD.
You might want to sit down for this one.
Fingernail-sized memory cards that will hold an entire album, notes, cover art and allow for some personal storage by the consumer.
Some 449 million CDs were sold in 2007 -- a 19% percent drop from the previous year and a continuation of an almost constant eight year decline in sales. Fifty million were sold digitally (Nielsen) -- not enough to give the labels any comfort that they have found the modern day replacement for the decreasingly unpopular CD.
Of course the largest number of song&hellip
- Alexa & Radio
- Entercom Talent Fee Scam
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus