- What went so wrong at Merlin after less than two years. Let me count the ways – 8 to be exact!
- What one move – not commonly known publicly – sealed Merlin’s fate. Not the firing of Walter Sabo. That, too!
- Specific evidence that CEO Randy Michaels’ denial the stations are for sale is a fib. And why he’s making it up?
- Who might want to buy the 4 major market Merlin stations. Yes, I’ll name names and I’ll betcha I’m right.
- The surprise buyer no one is tracking that could buy one or more Merlin stations and knock your socks off. That big a deal. That surprising.
- Is Emmis a buyer – or a potential dealmaker since it owns about 50% interest in 3 of the 4 Merlin stations? It’s complicated.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, this is the kind of straightforward reporting you get. Click “Read More” for your choices.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning