There's a fight going on right now -- and about escalate -- over music royalties.
I hope the lawyers are making a lot of money because no one wins this battle.
The NAB is claiming victory in the second round of Greedy Record Labels vs. Clueless Radio Operators.
The NAB says it has enough votes to prevent repeal -- at least 219 co-sponsors for the Local Radio Freedom Act which opposes requiring AM and FM stations to pay any performance fee to record companies and artists.
Nice name, eh?
Local Radio Freedom Act.
Local radio is rapidly morphing into national radio thanks to Clear&hellip
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus
- Beasley & Entercom Debt Bombs
- Cumulus Revenue Panic