There's a fight going on right now -- and about escalate -- over music royalties.
I hope the lawyers are making a lot of money because no one wins this battle.
The NAB is claiming victory in the second round of Greedy Record Labels vs. Clueless Radio Operators.
The NAB says it has enough votes to prevent repeal -- at least 219 co-sponsors for the Local Radio Freedom Act which opposes requiring AM and FM stations to pay any performance fee to record companies and artists.
Nice name, eh?
Local Radio Freedom Act.
Local radio is rapidly morphing into national radio thanks to Clear&hellip
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel