Yesterday the DOJ fired the shot heard 'round the entertainment industry. It paved the way for the long-anticipated merger of Sirius Satellite Radio with XM.
Now the only thing standing in the way is FCC approval which will come -- maybe in a month or so.
But the question is: how will the FCC screw up this merger by mandating add-ons that have little or nothing to do with the merits of the merger?
Let us count the ways.
Don't get me wrong.
Once Sirius merges with XM it will be a monopoly -- the kind of thing the DOJ is supposed to protect us from. But they gave up on that mission a long time&hellip
- Entercom’s Stock Apocalypse
- Fact Checking the Cumulus Turnaround Claim
- iHeart’s All-Podcasting Station
- Radio’s Horniest Buyers
- The Untold Story of the Cumulus/EMF Sale
- Entercom Labor Troubles
- The Westwood One Sale Attempt Revealed
- Spotify & Apple vs. Radio for Hitmaking
- How the Internet Impacts Radio Time Spent Listening
- SiriusXM’s Aggressive Expansion Plans