CBS paid $280 million to buy the social networking site Last.FM.
Sites like Last.FM and Tim Westergren's founding effort -- Pandora -- represent "an" aspect of the future of radio because fans can in effect program their own music and these sites are social networking sites - very significant with the next generation.
The name Last.FM is a little creepy seeing as how a traditional media company is buying it. Maybe Next.FM would be a better name.
As RAIN Publisher Kurt Hanson told his readers yesterday, "Whereas Pandora operates by creating playlists based on songs' musical characteristics (tone, tempo,&hellip
- Dickey's Resignation from the Cumulus Board
- The Epidemic of Shorter, Cheaper Spots
- Entercom Planning 2 Major Surprises
- Radio's 2 Biggest Problems
- iHeart's Soaring Stock
- Changing How Radio Engages Listeners
- iHeart Major Market Fail
- Competing in Radio After Entercom/CBS
- iHeart's Plan to Dupe Lenders
- Chuck Berry