CBS paid $280 million to buy the social networking site Last.FM.
Sites like Last.FM and Tim Westergren's founding effort -- Pandora -- represent "an" aspect of the future of radio because fans can in effect program their own music and these sites are social networking sites - very significant with the next generation.
The name Last.FM is a little creepy seeing as how a traditional media company is buying it. Maybe Next.FM would be a better name.
As RAIN Publisher Kurt Hanson told his readers yesterday, "Whereas Pandora operates by creating playlists based on songs' musical characteristics (tone, tempo,&hellip
- Audacy’s Tone Deaf Rebranding of AMP in LA
- Spotify Going After In-Car Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Vaccine Mandate
- Consolidators’ Distancing from Radio
- Bain Is Moving to Monopolize Ad Agencies
- Major Groups Don’t Want Ownership Rules to Change
- Fallout from iHeart’s Engineering Layoffs
- The New Consequences of Not Subscribing to Nielsen
- The Entercom Name Change Controversy
- The Slow Rolling of Relaxed Ownership Limits